Critical Care Bootcamp
Optional Post-Conference Session.
March 12 - 7:30am to 5:30pm
Non-ICU physicians are now routinely required to manage patients for prolonged periods on ventilators, to initiate and sustain sepsis protocols, to diagnose and treat the various forms of shock, and to perform advanced techniques in hemodynamic monitoring. The “Critical Care Bootcamp” is designed and taught by experts in resuscitation with a single goal in mind—to train you how to provide optimal care for the most critically ill patients in your practice, whether in the ED or on the medical floors. Accredited for 8 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Topics will include:
- Approach to the Patient with Undifferentiated Shock
- The Asthmatic in Extremis
- The Crashing Ventilated Patient
- Critical Care Quickies - Pearls in the Moribund Patient
- Post-arrest Care…Interventions that Save Lives!
- Vasopressors…How Hard to Squeeze?
- Hypertensive Emergencies
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- The Slowly Crashing Tamponade Patient
- Sepsis Resuscitation…What Really Matters
- Pitfalls in Traumatic Brain Injury
- Tough Cases I & II